Are you passionate about performance cars? Do you find yourself researching mods and giving your friends advice on how to set up their cars? If you’re determined to find a job that combines your career with your passion, then this is your chance! APEX Race Parts is seeking enthusiasts who want to join our elite team of Product Experts.
APEX has a tech startup vibe. Problems are solved here with a heavy emphasis on custom technology, modern tools, and innovation. We have a tight knit group of dedicated individuals, and we attack monumental objectives together. Our passion for cars initially brought us together, but it’s our passion for building something lasting, meaningful, and gratifying, that really keeps us all going.
There are no cold-calls or sleazy sales techniques here. We don’t have salespeople, and we don’t simply sell parts. You will become our customers’ guru, teacher, and coach. At APEX we take customers under our wing, help them identify their true needs, and then pass on our wisdom. We ensure they take a holistic approach to modifying their car, and that they feel enlightened by the time their purchase is complete. In the end, their experience becomes meaningful and satisfying, the way spending money on go-fast parts should be.
We have resident experts who already know each vehicle fitment by heart, but their bandwidth is limited. As a new member of the team your objective is to leverage their knowledge in order to help reach more customers, decrease response times, and support the continued expansion of our company. Your day will consist of answering questions, giving fitment recommendations, processing orders, and providing post-purchase support. Training will be provided on our order processing system, case manager, task manager, and all other key systems and processes. We’re an ecommerce business that sells all over the world, so the majority of your interactions will be via email, car forums, and over the phone. Although you’ll take pride in your one-on-one customer interactions, your real success will come from your ability to teach the community en masse by continually improving our fitment guides, forum threads, and product pages.
Prior sales or industry experience is not required, but with the amount of writing and talking on the phone you’ll be doing, exceptional written and verbal communication skills are an absolute must. We don’t have time to train you on the basics, so you’re already computer literate, familiar with Microsoft Office, and have experience interacting via online forums. You don’t peck keys on the keyboard, as only a touch-typist will have the time to thoroughly respond to every question that comes in each day. You will only do well in this position if exceptional customer service comes naturally to you, and you’ve had the opportunity to test and hone your skills at a previous job caring for customers. You’re committed to customers and the rest of your team because you know your work doesn’t end at 5pm if you still owe someone a response. We’re a small business, so we all have to be scrappy and self-reliant. This environment will reward creative entrepreneurs and spit out team members who can’t keep up.
- Provide customers with detailed wheel/tire/suspension/brake fitment recommendations and product education.
- Use our CRM to track and process all customer questions and issues until they’re solved.
- Keep orders moving smoothly by processing customer transactions as needed, such as quotes, sales orders, credit card/PayPal payments, refunds, exchanges, and warranty replacements.
- Protect us from the bad guys by troubleshooting web order holds and monitoring for fraud
- Use our project management tools to stay organized and to collaborate with coworkers.
- Help our knowledge survive the apocalypse by assisting our experts document, organize, and build out detailed technical guides for use in our internal and customer facing Help Desks.
- Help transform our website into a 24/7 sales machine by continually improving educational and product content in order to reduce customer dependence on email or phone for clarification.
- Get hands on with the community by engaging in relevant automotive forums, where you’ll answer questions, maintain our commercial threads, and post guides.
- Defeat trolls by keeping yourself composed and writing responses so sensible that it blows their minds.
- Represent our company and products as we introduce ourselves into new automotive communities, makes, and models
- Be our customers’ spokesperson and represent their “pain-points” as APEX selects new products to develop for the community
- Learn to support additional products as the catalog expands
Benefits and Compensation:
- Salaried position with paid vacation and holidays
- Work in your underwear – Telecommuting supported
- Medical & dental benefits package
- Support your track addiction with reimbursements for HPDE and autocross event registration fees
- Eligibility for the SEMA college grant and loan forgiveness program
- Get access to our mechanic’s lift, tools, and tire machines, and more
- Take your photography hobby to a new level by playing around in our crazy big cyclorama studio
- Casual dress environment where T-shirts and jeans are welcome
- Get employee discounts and freebies on APEX products and shwag
- Participate in company activities including karting, track days, Forza, meals/parties
To apply, respond to this posting by email with a copy of your resume and a cover letter sent to apexjobopenings+B@gmail.com. In your letter please describe your history and connection to the auto enthusiast lifestyle and how it will enable you to succeed as a Product Expert at APEX.
Do Not contact us directly by phone or in person. All applicants must apply via email.
APEX is an equal opportunity employer.